Sonar 3.5 in Screenshots
The Sonar team is proud to announce the release of Sonar 3.5. This new version includes new features that we believe are worth stopping your daily work for a couple of minutes to check out:
- Mapping of unit tests and covered code
- New rules on unit tests
- Extension of notifications scope
- Enhanced configuration of file exclusions
- Plugin group and dependencies in Update Center
Tracking of Unit Tests
With Sonar 3.5, it is now possible to answer the following questions:
- Which files are covered by a given unit test?
- How many lines of code are covered by a given unit test?
- Which lines are covered by a given unit test?
- Which tests do cover a given line of code?
New Rules on Unit Tests
Two new rules are available:
- Failed unit tests
- Skipped unit tests
Extension of Notifications Scope
Sonar 3.5 extends the scope of notifications. It is now possible to be notified when a new alert is raised. It is also possible to subscribe to notifications on specific projects.
Enhanced Configuration of Files Exclusions
- New inclusion properties ('sonar.inclusions' and 'sonar.test.inclusions') to specify which files to analyze
- New 'sonar.cpd.exclusions' property to exclude some files to be checked for duplications
- Support of inclusion/exclusion patterns by absolute path, for example 'file:**/src/generated/java/**/*.java'
Plugins Groups and Dependencies in Update Center
- Support of plugins groups: for instance to install/upgrade all the C# plugins in a single click.
- Support of plugins dependencies: for instance to automatically install the required SCM Activity plugin when installing the Developer Cockpit plugin.
Note that this feature will fully be working when a new version of each plugin requiring groups and dependencies will be released.
Time now to let you download this new version to give it a try. But do not forget to read the installation or upgrade guide.